Nederlands niveau 1 - overdag - intensief
REAL BEGINNERS - 0 -> A1 - INTENSIVE COURSE
IMPORTANT! READ THIS CAREFULLY!
First you see an explanation about the course content and our way of working. After reading the course description you may scroll down to register for a course.
The first level courses are intended for foreigners with little or no knowledge of, or fluency, in the Dutch language. You will obtain practical fluency in and written command of the Dutch language needed for daily communication.
According to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, you will start at no knowledge (level 0) and obtain level A1. For more details, please google “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages”.
In the beginning of the course the teacher speaks a lot of English to explain the Dutch language. The reasons are a lot of different nationalities in the class and the frequency, a lesson of once a week. However, as the course proceeds, more and more Dutch will be used for explanations.
COURSE CHARACTERISTICS OF INTENSIVE COURSE - DUTCH LEVEL 1
- Lessons of 2 hours or more in a class room once a week
- Homework: AT LEAST 5 hours a week
- Presence in class: necessary to attend all lessons (or if not possible, miss only one or two)
- Students follow 2 courses in a study year. You learn Dutch very quickly.
- For students, having enough time to do homework or persons, easily learning a language
- The student needs to have a Dutch social network at home and/or work.
- Student needs to make a considerable effort by being DAILY in contact with Dutch. You may watch Dutch TV, listen to Dutch songs or read small news articles at internet.
- Difference with a regular course Dutch course: more homework, less classes, longer lessons, usually approximately same amount of teaching hours. Student has to practice Dutch every day.
- Diploma of a secondary education of 10 years or more in country of student's origin.
- Good knowledge of English of the student required to follow the class.
Following text book is used in class:
De Opmaat, Maud Beersmans en Wim Tersteeg, ISBN 978 908506723 8, about € 34,00
During course level 1 / niveau 1, theme 1 up till 5 including are taught.
At the end of the course you will have finished the themes for level A1.
Don't buy the book before you are sure you can join the course. You will receive an official confirmation of participation through mail. (This is not the same as registration confirmation.)
- To some teachers you need to pay extra € 5,00 for copies of own learning materials.
- During the first lesson the teacher will advise you which dictionary you should use and can/need to buy.
- Some other needed materials can be downloaded from internet.
- The student needs to have a computer and an internet connection at his or her disposal.
For underneath topics please contact:
- registration and course availability: the administration office, email@example.com
- course content or to determine your level of Dutch knowledge: the teacher of the course, which you want to follow
You may contact the teacher through mail and/or visit the INFORMATION EVENING held at Wednesday 30th August 2016. During the information evening you may drop by between 19.00-21.00, location:
Van Maerlantlyceum, Jacob van Maerlantlaan 11, 5615 JS Eindhoven
It offers you the possibility to meet the teacher, to ask questions about course content and to check your Dutch and English language knowledge level.
It is very important to visit this evening when you are unsure, whether your English is sufficient enough to follow course level 1, and speak about it with a teacher.
Should you not be able to visit this information evening, you may ask your questions by mail to the teacher of the course, which you want to follow. Please provide the teacher with a few relevant details in your mail such as your nationality, your education, your English knowledge and whether you have a lot of Dutch daily contacts. See mail addresses below.
REGISTRATION AND WAY OF WORKING
Registration is done through the internet form at our website. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO REGISTER YOURSELF BY CONTACTING THE TEACHER THROUGH INTERNET.
CHECK THE FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS, for more information about our way of working, such as how to register, cancelation rules, finance, certificate of attendance, waiting list, switching from a regular to an intensive course and more.
(See the red icon on the home page of our website or the blue tab of this web page "Help & FAQ")
If you already know your level for Dutch, Volksuniversiteit Eindhoven strongly recommends you to register yourself before the information evening. Should it be necessary to change your level afterwards, we will cooperate as much as possible.
Books and other material (not included in course fee): approximately €39,- plus dictionary
Teachers and mail addresses for more information:
Mrs. A. Edelman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. G. de Bont, email@example.com
Mr. J. Schoofs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. T. de Kruijk, email@example.com
Please ONLY contact the teacher of the course, which you desire to follow!
DUTCH LEVEL 1 - INTENSIVE COURSE
||woensdag 09:30-11:45 uur|
|periode:||20 september t/m 24 januari 2018 - 16 lessen|
|plaats:||Buurtcentrum De Ronde Tongelresestraat 146 EINDHOVEN
||Our way of working – see homepage "frequent questions'' or Help & FAQ|
Indien u onze nieuwsbrief nog niet ontvangt, kunt u zich hier aanmelden:
Bestel eventueel (nadat u bericht hebt ontvangen dat de cursus voor u doorgaat) bij Bruna/
Perhaps order (after you have received confiormation) at Bruna: