Are you planning to (re-)decorate your house, update a single room or just interested in the workings of interior design? The short course InteriorDesign Now will give you plenty of insight, help organise your ideas and bring together the necessary elements to carry out a project with great results.
Interior design is not rocket science. It is more a method or a process that you can follow. Planning is what it is all about. A successful interior sprouts from a well thought out plan, rather than from a collection of pieces of furniture and random choices. Through a practical approach, you will learn to plan and evaluate the basic aspects of interior design. A lot of emphasis will be on current time interiors! You'll be shown different ways to detangle the massive amount of information that comes to us through media and commerce. Getting acquainted with the interior design tools will offer you the opportunity to develop your style and create an inspired design.
Each lesson starts with a talk by way of selected slides, followed by discussion and question time. And although the interior design process is almost fully digitalised, each lesson will be concluded with a short, fun manual exercise. Notice that no particular skills are required for this course, but it will certainly be useful if you can to bring a usb stick or iPad with your interior photographs (camera or phone) and collected images from the internet later.
Course Summary - 4 lessons
1. SPACED OUT - a space/room and its use:
- meaning of volumes, floorplan and sketches in relation your requirements,
- interior spaces in the Netherlands,
- room functionality in 2016.
2. HEARTFELT - the look and feel:
- brief overview of colours, materials and textures in interiors now,
- colour choices for desired ambiance,
- materials and textures for a layered look.
3. SPOT LIGHT - seating and lighting options:
- basic lighting plan / adjusting existing lighting,
- options for lounging, dining, sleeping, storing and other furniture pieces including the latest from the Salone del mobile in Milan,
- applying soft furnishing .
4. RE FINE - re-actions and finish:
- re-use existing interiors by restyling, re-upholster, renovate, recycle and more re-'s,
- the finishing touch or styling your rooms,
- the impact of decorating with art works, photos and plants.
Books, samples and other reference material are available for viewing during the course.
Materials / extra costs: summary of course content and references
€10,00 to be paid to the teacher during the first class.
Teacher: Mrs. B. Hoedemakers
||donderdag 19:30-22:00 uur|
|periode:||16 maart t/m 6 april 2017 - 4 lessen|
|plaats:||Van Maerlantlyceum Jacob van Maerlantlaan 11 EINDHOVEN
Beatrice (Beatrijs) Hoedemakers has spent many years residing abroad on different continents before returning to Eindhoven some years ago. She had a strong desire to combine her experiences and inspiration and to start creating interior designs. In 2010 she started up her own interior design bureau i n 3 i n t e r i e u r after completing specialist design education at Perk in Eindhoven. In the meantime she has established a network of supporting professionals and has built up extensive knowledge of product sources. Besides consulting and designing residential projects, she also holds workshops and sometimes produces publications for websites. Visit www.in3interieur.nl for more information. Sluiten
||Our way of working – see homepage "frequent questions'' or 'Help & FAQ'|
Indien u onze nieuwsbrief nog niet ontvangt, kunt u zich hier aanmelden: